Super Mario - For All Ages Super Mario - For All Ages

I definitely wasn't expecting this when I clicked on this track, man this sounds awesome
Great job man, especially love how you added the sped up part. 5/5 from me bro.

Toxodentrail responds:

Thank you, kindly! That "Hurry up" part where it gets faster later on is my personal favourite. That was immensely fun to record.

On A Razor's Edge On A Razor's Edge

Don't know if its the car speakers or what but this sounds more like cinematic than hip hop, not bad though as you can tell by my rating.

Krewlex - Neurotoxin Krewlex - Neurotoxin

This is a dual review from me and a friend. My friend says it sounds a bit basic. Personally, I think this song is pretty sick though. Five stars from me.

XenonHD responds:

Thanks very much! It's not everyone's cup of tea but feedback is appreciated!

homo domo homo domo

You should put in a warning for those high synths in the comments, I'm pretty sure I have tinnitus now.

Okay, what's apparent is that there's too many melodies playing at roughly the same octave, and too much delay on the instruments in the main section, both of those factors clutter the sound too much to make out the melody. That much delay should be reserved for background sfx and only used in the foreground only if you know the delay won't interfere with the main melody.

Now about the beginning, it sounds kinda empty when it first starts out. Even though you got that effect going on in the background in the intro, it still seems to lack something. I think it's the C-F-E-D-C pattern of the melody in the beginning, it doesn't hit any emotional buttons for me. It might also be a personal bias, as I usually start my songs one of three ways: A slow chord progression, a relatively quick melody or tons of drums or sound effects.

Lastly, the instruments all seem to not be panned to the left or right and playing at roughly the same volume (except the high synths), which also contributes to the difficulty of separating the various elements from each other.

Sorry for so much criticism, I do have something good to say though. First, good job on building these synths, they sound pretty good. Second, that section from 1:45-1:53 and the other sections are pretty damn clever.

Keep making music bro, you're at that point where you'll keep growing by leaps and bounds. I remember when I was at that point, and I look back and am shocked by how good I got in such little time. Keep experimenting with different effects and synths too, I want to see what you come up with.

JMSy responds:

thanks for the big review. I think you are correct to many similar sounds cluttering up the mix and to much delay taking away the definition from the melody. PErhaps its a dull chord progression. Im always using the same ones though seems hard to mix it up. I really need to learn music theory or experiment more. Instuments arent panned anywhere all central but they have ping pong delay.....

I think to progress I should learn to play keys/piano and music theory. I can make far more interesting work with my guitar but cant put that into my piano playing.

Stefan KC - My Heart Stefan KC - My Heart

Probably the happiest song I've listened to in a long time, thanks for making me smile bro. Nothing to criticize really, mix is excellent, melody is excellent, harmony is excellent, everything is excellent. I don't need to tell you to keep making great music like this, it's probably second nature to you.

HappyHype responds:

Thanks for bring a smile to me aswell by reading this review! :D

epic cowboys epic cowboys

There's something about that string melody that plays throughout the song, I don't know if its the timing or the attack. Either way I recommend heading to the audio forum and snatching up the samples posted there. With those you could turn this into one hell of a song.

JMSy responds:

i think maybe one of the notes in the melody is off? mmm

FS: Hegira FS: Hegira

I love the intro, puts me in a serious mood, ready to fuck shit up. Seriously makes me want to find a retro side-scroller and play that for 4 hours non-stop.

The multiple melodies blend together excellently, the rhythms are perfect, there is nothing I can critique in this song. 5/5 downloaded, I can learn from this song.

FairSquare responds:

Thanks, i appreciate it! :)
I'm glad you like it so much and if you could even take something from this song to implement in your own song(s), that would be awesome.

Vanishing Love Theme Song Vanishing Love Theme Song

I would use softer drums and some of the melodies sound a bit random i.e. don't match well with the chord or don't seem to have a emotional purpose other than providing filler, which wouldn't be a problem if the piano and guitar? melodies were more in the background. Also, the ending seems a bit too abrupt. But this is a good starting point.

Rain Rain

This song makes me want to commit some kind of heist and escape via jet ski while wearing sunglasses. Though there is something about the melody that bothers me, I really can't put my finger on it. Other than that, nice job!

Angelsosa responds:

I'm glad 'cause now i know i'm not the only one who thinks that about this song! Thanks a lot for your comment!

Comfort In Honest Unknowing Comfort In Honest Unknowing

Allow me to describe it for you.

It's awesome. That's all that needs to be said.